Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Bowling

For FHE last Monday we decided to take the family bowling. This was the kids first time. We got to the bowling alley and had to wait a little. There were a ton of senior citizens there. So we got a lane with bumpers and started. At first I thought we could easily bowl two games. As time went on I knew it would only be one game. It takes the girls a long time to carry their ball and roll it down the lane. Once Ali did it all by herself and I thought we were going to have to walk down the lane and push the ball so it would make it. But a couple minutes later it made it! At first Ali was upset that she had to take turns and that she couldn't bowl the whole time herself. So we were having a good time and I was taking pictures, using an open lane next to us, when an old man came up to me and said, "Excuse me, we are on a bowling league and are trying to bowl." And I said, "That is why I am using this open lane to take pictures." And he said, "It is common courtesy to not walk up by the lane while people are trying to bowl." So these old people were 2 lanes away from us. So now I had to make sure Lizzy and Ali were seated unless it was their turn to bowl. Which is easier said than done. So that kind of took the fun out of it. We made it through a game and I beat Shae!-which is all that matters! :)

3 comments:

Calley said...

In my next email to you I am going to teach you how to put pictures on your posts, so you don't have to put them to the side.
I kind of want to beat those old people with a cane or something! Let the kids bowl for crying out loud!

Mother 25 - 8 said...

Yeah, once I was at the library and some old hag came up to me and said, "I feel sorry for your child. She has no shoes." I told her, "She takes them off in the car." And she said, "I see you're wearing shoes." I wanted to take the book I had in my hand and just bop her on the top of her head. Old people seem to either totally suck, or are complete angels. No in-betweens.

Sarah... said...

Jen...you are not going to believe this... I found you through a friend, of a friend, of a friend! I was so excited to find you! I had no idea you were a blogger. It's cute. I have fun posting things for my family and friends. It's a great way to keep in touch...if I can keep up with it!

Bowling is a great idea for fam. night. I wonder if my little ones would enjoy it yet. We will have to give it a shot.

I'll be seeing you neighbor! Thursday night basketball! Woohoo! HaHa