Thursday, July 17, 2008

The reason I haven't updated our blog........WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!!!!


So the past couple months have been a little crazy because we bought a house and moved in! It all happened so fast. Shae was always looking for a house off and on and he found one that looked promising on KSL.com. We hurried and made an appointment to go and look at it and a couple days later we put an offer in. They already had a couple of offers, but they liked us as a family the best and probably our offer the best. So it was accepted and we started the process of getting a loan to purchase the house. Luckily everything went pretty well. In our duplex that we were renting we were only on a month to month contract, so that was perfect. Our landlord found a new tenant quickly. So I hurried up and packed the whole apartment up and said goodbye to our old ward and moved. We still live in Orem and it is pretty close to our old place, but in a nicer neighborhood. So to tell you about our house, it was built in 1991. It has 5 bedrooms and 3 full bathrooms. One of the rooms we use as a playroom. It has 2700 square feet. We love the big fenced in backyard! It has a new master bathroom, new hardwood floors in the kitchen and living room, new kitchen counters, and new fixtures. It has a sprinkler system and a two car garage. No work needs to be done on the house. We are excited to be here. Now we just need to save up some money to buy some more furniture to fill the house. We also love our new ward. Everyone has been really friendly and we have gotten quite a few treats from neighbors welcoming us. So along with a great house, the old owners left us a trampoline, patio set, tether ball pole, lawn mower, air hockey table, stainless steal refrigerator with ice and water on the door, and a flat screen television mounted in the master bedroom. All for free!!!!!!!! So we are excited to be here. We just got Comcast hooked up so I can now update our blog. We also got a home phone number, so call our cell phone and we will give you our home phone.
backyard

kitchen

playroom

7 comments:

Calley said...

HOLY CRAP JEN!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
(I won't add any more exclamation points, but you get the idea of how excited I am for you!) Holy gorgeous house, gorgeous kitchen, gorgeous yard, and 5 bedrooms??! That's insane! All to fill up with more Fetters children. Ohhh I am so excited for you! My cell is dead (like chocolate milk spilled on it dead) but as soon as its fixed I will be calling you. I miss your guts! And congratulations again!

Laura said...

I am so excited for you. It is so nice to be able to have a place that all yours. It looks adorable, congratulations

Sparks Family said...

Jen I am sooooooo thrilled for your new house!!!! We're coming to Utah for Christmas I'd love to come see your family and house!! You sooo deserve that house!

Sarah... said...

How dare you leave me all on my lonesome with no fenced in back yard and cute house!!! Alright, seriously...I'm completely jealous of you, BUT...you also totally deserve it and I'm incredibly excited for you guys!!! I'll just miss you like crazy. That house looks amazing! Your kitchen is too cute. Now you have room for all that cereal! HaHa I love ya, girl. You guys were the best neighbors. We are going to miss you! But, I'm seriously thrilled for you! I bet the kids are LOVING it too. So much more room and space to run. How lucky to get all the extras too! AWESOME.

Mother 25 - 8 said...

I totally agree with the Soptich clan!! HOLY CRAP!! Love the house Jen!! it's gorgeous!! It's huge!! Perfect for your growing family!!! Congrats Jen!! Enjoy it and have lots of fun in it! :)

Kata said...

it is just beyond gorg! You are a lucky ducky! so exciting!! The kitchen is amazing.... wood floors!! oh la la!

Cameron and Katie said...

Nice work guys! That house is beautiful. New home and MCAT? That must keep you busy. Shae, don't listen to anyone else and just come to PA school. That's where the fun is.